Yesterday we had friends over for dinner and I attempted to make mini cheesecakes. Seems like I am always trying new recipes out. I was a little nervous how this recipe would turn out, thankfully, it was delicious! The perfect dessert before Lent begins (I always give sweets up because I have such a bad sweet tooth!). The white chocolate mini cheesecakes were very easy and they are low-fat, even better! Here is the recipe:
White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
-makes 12 servings
-prep time: 20 min.
-bake time: 20 min.
12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
3 ounces white chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg white - lightly beaten
Chocolate curls (optional)
Sliced strawberries
You can top it with any type of fruit
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups. Place one vanilla wafer on the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
2. In a med. bowl, beat cream cheeses with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in white chocolate, sugar, milk, and vanilla until well-blended. Stir in egg white. Spoon mixture into muffin cups until each is about three-quarters full.
3. Bake about 20 minutes or until set, then set pan on a wire rack to cool 10 min. Remove cheesecakes from pan; cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours.
4. Before serving, removing baking cups. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls, strawberries and/or blueberries.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Nicole!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great recipe - thanks for sharing! I like that it's low fat. I have some blueberries to put on top - yummy. Happy Wednesday to you!