Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Decorating the Old with the New for Halloween




I use to love helping my mom decorate for the holidays. Sometimes I was so excited I would get everything ready before my mom did and start placing different decor around the house. I remember putting the sticky halloween ghosts and jack-o-lanterns on the windows and lighting the trio of pumpkins my mom would put in the front window and they would flicker all evening for people driving by to see. My most favorite memory was picking out the perfect pumpkin to carve from my parent's garden. My dad would plant (and still does!) pumpkins and all sorts of gourds. It was so much fun placing each one through the house and around the yard. It was usually my job to clean them up with the hose too!
If you are looking for a fun project to do, go searching for vintage halloween decorations for your home. The old halloween decor will look great with the newer items you have.
Enjoy your fall days. Fall will only be here for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment